ADVANTAGE OF SYNTHETIC FIBRES
- Most synthetic fibres have good elasticity.
- Most fabrics made of synthetic fibres do not wrinkle easily.
- Fabrics made of synthetic fibres are generally more durable, less expensive, and more readily available than those made of natural fibres.
- Most synthetic fibres can handle heavy loads without breaking.
DISADVANTAGES OF SYNTHETIC FIBRES
Synthetic fibres have the following disadvantages.
- Most fabrics made from synthetic fibres require careful ironing as they melt easily.
- Most fabrics made from synthetic fibres absorb very little moisture.
- They become sticky when the body sweats, which makes them uncomfortable to wear in hot weather.
- Most fabrics made from synthetic fibres catch fire very easily.
- Therefore, it is dangerous to wear them near a source of fire (e.g., while working in the kitchen).